YouTube Shorts are vertical videos up to 60 seconds long . additionally to showing on your channel, viewers may find your short-form video on the homepage Shorts shelf and tap into a vertical viewing experience made for brief videos.
YouTube’s short-form video creation tool, the Shorts camera, makes it easy to make videos that are up to fifteen seconds long with the choice to capture multiple clips. you’ll also use various creative features, including:
- Music: Pick from a selection of songs that are free to use.
- Speed control: Choose to speed up or slow down recording.
- Timer: Set the Countdown to record hands-free and the Stop point to automatically stop recording.
Note: Content created using the Shorts camera is limited to 15 seconds. So while anything up to 60 seconds can appear on the shelf, we recommend that you focus on 15-second videos that are quickly and easily enjoyed by viewers.
Learn more about Shorts
How do I record a Short?
To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap Create .
- Tap Create a Short.
- To record a clip, tap and hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and tap it again to end the segment.
- Tap Undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap Redo to add the removed segment back to your video.
- Tap NEXT to preview your video tap NEXT again to add details to your video.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) to your short video.
- Tap Select audience to choose whether or not your short is made for kids.
- Tap Upload to finish.
How will viewers find my short videos?
We’re always testing new ways to deliver content to viewers. This is especially true for Shorts. Right now, viewers may find your Shorts:
- On our homepage and the Shorts shelf
- Featured on your channel page by default
- Selecting the “What to Watch Next” module
- Searching YouTube
- Checking their Subscription feeds
How do I add music to my short videos?
As you record your short video on YouTube, tap Add music to view a selection of tracks you can add to your short video. These songs are free to use!
What audio can I use in my short videos?
You can choose music or use other audio for your short videos:
- Using the Add Music feature, you can select from our catalog of tracks in many languages to enhance your Short. Music chosen using this feature is only for personal, non-commercial use, unless you have the appropriate licenses.
- You can choose to use the sound from other eligible Shorts to create your own short-form masterpiece.
If you upload a brief video you’ve created elsewhere, confirm that any copyright-protected material you’ve used is approved for your use on YouTube. Using copyright-protected material without getting appropriate rights could lead on to you getting a Content ID claim. Also if a copyright owner sends us a legitimate and complete copyright take down notice against your short video, it’s going to be removed, and you’ll get a copyright strike.
Can I monetize my short videos?
Whether Shorts are found on the Shorts shelf or through the short video player, ads won’t be served on them, and that they won’t generate YouTube Premium subscription revenue.Shorts also don’t contribute to YouTube’s Partner Program eligibility, but subscribers gained from watching your Shorts still count toward the eligibility threshold.As we still experiment and improve the Shorts experience, there could also be opportunities to monetize Shorts within the future.
Source: YouTube Help